How to Apply
Online Applications for 2017 are open! Apply NOW!
The application process explained
1. Register for online application here.
2. Complete the online application form.
3. Make a payment of £45 for the first-round college audition. This fee is non-refundable.
4. You will receive confirmation of registration and receipt of audition payment via e-mail.
5. You will be allocated an audition date and what to prepare for the audition day via e-mail (a record of all communications can be found under ‘Messages’ when you log into your account).
6. Log in to confirm your audition date. (We cannot process your application without this, you can select an alternative date).
7. Attend your audition on the confirmed date.
8. Urdang will confirm by e-mail whether your audition was successful or unsuccessful. Unfortunately we are unable to give feedback.
9. If your audition is successful you will receive one of the following offers:
- Foundation Course – Please accept or reject the offer. If you accept we will be in touch with enrolment details later in 2017. You do not attend a Recall Audition.
- Foundation Course shortlisted for Diploma Course – You will be invited to return for a Recall and be considered for funding. A Recall date will be allocated and sent to you via e-mail. If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place on the Diploma you will retain a confirmed place on the Foundation Course.
- Diploma Course shortlisted for Degree Programme – You will be invited to return for a Recall, which will also incorporate an academic interview. A Recall date will be allocated and sent to you via e-mail. If you are unsuccessful in gaining a place on the Degree you will retain a confirmed place on the Diploma and will still be considered for funding.
- Fast Track Offer – In exceptional cases only, and at the discretion of the Audition Panel, an applicant may be fast tracked onto either the Degree or Diploma and will not be required to attend a recall audition.
10. Log in and confirm your Recall date.
11. Attend your Recall on the confirmed date.
12. Urdang will confirm the outcome of your audition via e-mail. You will be offered one of the following:
- A confirmed place on the Foundation
- A confirmed place on the Diploma without funding
- A confirmed place on the Diploma with funding
- A confirmed place on the Degree
13. You must then confirm or reject your place. If you accept you will be sent Terms and Conditions with a deposit payment request.
Application process for the BA (Hons) course
- You will have to be registered with UCAS to be considered for the BA (Hons) Professional Dance and Musical Theatre course.
- The Course code is WW5K. please note you make your UCAS application to Anglia Ruskin University and not Urdang.
- Follow the instructions above to complete your Urdang online application.
Entry requirements for BA (Hons) in Professional Dance & Musical Theatre:
- GCSE English Grade C or above
- 80 points under the new UCAS tariff points
- Overseas students are required to pass the IELTS at 6.0 or the TOEFL equivalent
Entrance for the Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre or Professional Dance and Foundation Course is via audition only.
If you are made an offer and you are an Overseas/non-EEA student you will need a visa to allow you to study. For more details about Tier 4 student visas please visit: www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
We welcome applications for all courses from students from all over the world; however, we can only issue Confirmation for Acceptance of Study (CAS) for Tier 4 student visas for the Degree and Diploma courses.
For Additional Help
For help filling out your online application form please email us.
For a link to the online application please go to: https://application.theurdangacademy.com
Applying using the online form is the quickest and easiest way to apply. It allows us to deal with your application more efficiently and you will be allocated your audition date immediately. However if you would rather post your application to us then please download the PDF version here.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST AN APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE APPLIED USING THE ONLINE FORM.